The Executive: Strategy and Branding responsible for the national investment strategy and policy development as well as the branding of Namibia as an attractive investment destination. The executive responsible for the development and implementation of the national branding and marketing projects and initiatives to ensure economic, strategic and operational prominence of the national brand. To further build and enhance the brand image in order to increase investor interest and stimulate business growth.
Focuses on delivery, pragmatic, a positive attitude and an ability to stay calm under pressure, get things done, decisive and manage national policy environment complexities. Demonstrates enthusiasm, courage, resilience and deliver with accountability and integrity. Able to work and perform within a complex, changing and fast-moving environment, whilst displaying professional maturity to deal with ambiguity. Display empathy and an ability to see things from others perspective.A proven track record of planning, managing and implementing projects and delivering results in challenging environments. A proven ability to design and implement, deliver and manage systems and processes. Professional, detail orientated with high standards. Ability to communicate effectively, engage diverse teams, able to identify challenges, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions for decision making. Well- presented, business like and flexible to travel. Demonstrable ability and a track record to influence others, facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders and build relationships and partnerships.
- Facilitate the creation of conducive Labour market policies
- Coordinate reforms and improvement of the country’s competitiveness and Ease of doing Business and enhancement of the business climate
- Develop and implement national branding policies, strategies and investor friendly standards that promote Namibia as an attractive investment destination.
- Assist with product development, packaging and marketing to explore new business/investor opportunities.
- Define Brand Namibia’s identity and cultivate strong brand attributes and image to increase investor interest.
- Engage and coordinate with all relevant national institutions to ensure the successful adoption and implementation of the Brand strategy.
- Initiate structural reforms when necessary to improve investor experience.
- Facilitate policy reforms in line with investor experience and feedback.
- Conduct market analyses to understand investor preferences and develop relevant marketing and branding strategies.
- Monitor the impact of the planned branding campaigns on the brand’s performance and make necessary changes to the strategy.
- Work closely with the investments, SME and branding divisions to ensure that approved branding standards are implemented.
- Offer new ideas and innovations on how to improve Brand Namibia.
- Perform any other duties that might be unrelated but relevant to this job function as assigned by the CEO
The Executive Strategy and Branding is required to hold an Masters degree in Business Administration or related fields, with majors in Strategy and or national/country branding. 7 to 10 year’s senior management experience in a related field of national policy development, leadership, management, economics or business management in a medium to large organisation.
Experience of working with governmental institutions to design and implement investment climate reforms and private sector development initiatives. Private sector strategy/business consulting experience and knowledge and experience in Marketing or Branding would be an advantage. Good knowledge of the Namibian Economic and business climate and a demonstrable understanding and exposure of the national development agenda and national social economic policy reforms and development plan targets.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with both private and public sector institutions
- Excellent leadership and teambuilding skills
- Strong policy and strategy development skills and an ability to identify major strategic challenges
- Ability to develop methodologies and analytical frameworks for strategy projects
- A good undrerstanding of public policy/investment climate reform issues
- Excellent quantitative, economic and financial analysis skills
- Excellent business writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyse, define and convey complex policy concepts and strategies clearly and compellingly
- A strong understanding of the drivers of economic competitiveness, growth and private sector investment
- A good understanding of the role of Business and Government
- Ability to Innovate and be a strong strategic and national thinker.
- Strong interpersonal, networking and collaboration skills.
- Good planning and organisation skills and an ability to prioritise multiple demands.
- Ability to extract Market, Customer and Investor trends and insights
- Ability to measure the performance of the division and impact on the Board’s performance.
- Ability to make decisions, solve problems and initiate action.
The Namibian Investment Promotion and Development Board (NIPDP) is a Non-profit Association Incorporated under Section 21 and is established as an autonomous entity in the Presidency and pronounced as a Public Enterprise in accordance with Section 2 of the Public Enterprises Governance Act, 2019 (Act No. 1 of 2019). The Board is mandated to promote and facilitate investment by foreign and Namibian investors and new Ventures that contribute to economic development and job creation; Implement Namibia Investment Policy and attendant Strategy amongst others.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no documents will be returned.